Law on Electronic Communication Networks and Physical Infrastructure
On 22.02.2018, the National Assembly adopted on second reading the Law on Electronic Communication Networks and Physical Infrastructure, which was promulgated on 09.03.2018. The law enters into force on the day of its promulgation.
This law regulates the public relationships related to:
1. the positioning, use, maintenance and development of electronic communication networks;
2. providing access to and use of existing physical infrastructure, including such infrastructure serving other types of networks;
3. joint planning and use of physical infrastructure;
4. the rights and obligations of the network operators related to the activities under items 1 to 3;
5. the rights and obligations of the assignors of constructions, owners of immovable property, holders of limited real rights, persons who manage or use real estates and lessees, connected with the provision of access to the real estates in order to be ensured conditions for granting of electronic communication services.
This law applies to electronic communication networks and physical infrastructure - public and private property.
This law does not apply upon construction, positioning, maintenance, use and development of electronic communication networks and physical infrastructure by the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Defense and the structures of direct subordination to the Minister of Defense and the Bulgarian Army.